Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Julep St. Patrick's Day Box Review!

Good evening everyone! I just finished my last lab & lab report for the semester and what better way to end it with a review! I finally received my Julep St. Patrick’s Day mystery box today and thought I’d share with everyone. So I paid $20 for this box with a coupon – without the coupon would have been I think $60 and Julep said you can receive any where from $60 - $200 worth of goodies. Correct me if I’m wrong! So first off, I’ll start by introducing all the products in the box and how much they retail for (I want to make sure I get what I paid for!)



Beautiful Hands To-Go $22 - Glycolic Hand Scrub 30mL/1 fl oz - Age Defying Hand Brightener 30mL/1 fl oz Julep Facial for Hands is based on our very popular Julep Girlfriend’s Glycolic Manicure. Potent glycolic acid combined with apricot seeds provides powerful double exfoliation that leaves your hands feeling noticeably softer and looking younger after just one use. Naturally scented with orange oil for a refreshing aromatherapy boost with each use. Julep Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener visibly minimizes the appearance of fine lines and age spots on your hands, adding radiant glow and evening skin tone. Contains rare African plant extracts that are clinically proven to block melanin production and reduce hyper-pigmentation and micro light diffusing technology gives hands an instant glowing and luminescent appearance. Advanced emulsion system imparts water-resistant, non-greasy softness.
Julep Base Coat $14 The foundation to a long-lasting manicure. Protects nails from yellowing and staining caused by dark nail color. Professional quality “4-free” nail polish formulation, developed without carcinogens such as formaldehyde or formaldehyde resin, toluene and DBP.  
Julep Crystal Nail File $6 A fine grit glass nail file that is gentle on your nails. Remember to file in only one direction to minimize fraying that can damage nails.

Melissa $14 Sheer opalescent shimmer adds a soft glow when used alone and a high-fashion holographic effect when used over another colour.
Hayden $14 Neon peach. Professional quality “4-free” nail polish formulation, developed without carcinogens such as formaldehyde or formaldehyde resin, toluene and DBP.
Sofia $14 Sheer spring green with a flash of aqua sparkle glitter.  Here’s a capture of the colours on my nails. I know two of them are more for topcoat but I thought I’d let you guys see how to looks. Sofia actually seems like a matte glitter but it doesn’t say on the website.







Putting all the numbers together, I get $84 worth of Julep products. Do I think it’s worth it? Meh. I honestly do not see why their polishes are $14 for a measly 0.8mL. I was excited for this but I have to admit, I am disappointed. I am about to cancel my Julep subscription forever unless someone can persuade me otherwise. What do you guys think? Was it worth it? Should I cancel?
  Irene x

No comments:

Post a Comment